Nothing says “holiday season” quite like a warm and spicy cup of Christmas punch. Whether you’re entertaining guests or just cozying up on the couch with a good book, this delicious drink is the perfect way to get into the spirit of the season. And the best part? You can easily make it yourself with just a few simple ingredients. Here’s how.
- 1 quart of apple cider
- 1 quart of cranberry juice
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon of whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground allspice
- Orange slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)
- Combine the apple cider, cranberry juice, orange juice, and lemon juice in a large pot or Dutch oven.
- Add the honey, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice to the pot.
- Stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the punch simmer for 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and whole cloves from the punch and discard.
- Serve the punch warm in mugs or cups.
- If desired, garnish each serving with a cinnamon stick and an orange slice.
Tips and Tricks:
- Make sure to use 100% pure fruit juices for the best flavor.
- Feel free to adjust the spices to your liking – more or less cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, etc.
- You can also add a splash of rum or brandy to make it an adults-only drink.
With this simple recipe, you’ll be able to impress your guests and delight your taste buds with a warm and fruity home-made Christmas punch. So go ahead, grab some mugs and get ready to cozy up with the perfect holiday drink.