As the festive season approaches, it’s time to start thinking about those special treats that make this time of year so magical. And what better way to celebrate than with some delicious Christmas rum balls? These sweet and decadent treats are perfect for sharing with family and friends, and are sure to add some extra cheer to your holiday season. In this article, we’ll show you how to make these tasty treats with a simple and easy-to-follow recipe.
- 2 cups of crushed chocolate biscuits
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of dark rum
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Extra desiccated coconut for rolling
- Start by crushing the chocolate biscuits into fine crumbs. You can use a food processor or put them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the crushed biscuits, desiccated coconut, icing sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Add the rum and honey to the mixture and stir well to combine.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into small balls about the size of a walnut.
- Roll the balls in the extra desiccated coconut to coat them evenly.
- Place the rum balls in the fridge for at least an hour to chill and firm up before serving.
- If you want to make your rum balls even more festive, you can add some chopped nuts, dried fruit, or spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to the mixture.
- To give your rum balls as gifts, place them in a decorative box or tin lined with wax paper.
These Christmas rum balls are a delicious and easy-to-make treat that will be the perfect addition to your festive celebrations. With their rich chocolatey flavor and warming hint of rum, they’re sure to be a hit with everyone. So, gather your ingredients and get ready to impress your family and friends with this mouth-watering recipe. Happy Holidays!